Friday 2 August 2013

Payday Haul & Repurchases


I’d been looking forward to this month’s payday as there were quite a few things I had my eye on and also some repurchases I was itching to make! In no particular order...

As a lover of all things Cath Kidston (I could spend all day in the Bristol Park St store, and have been known to) I simply couldn’t bypass their 50% off summer sale, and picked up a couple of their cotton book bags in the emerald spot and sailing print; so cute and practical for throwing all your bits and pieces into when going shopping or for a picnic. These are smaller and sturdier than your average freebie tote bag, meaning they’ll last me a good while as well as brightening up a standard jeans & t-shirt combo (I seem to have reverted back to my tomboy roots of late).

I’d been searching for these elasticated terry-towelling headbands everywhere (I’m obsessive about keeping my hair off my face when cleansing, applying moisturiser or using a face mask) when I finally came across them in American Apparel; my best friend is the VM for the Bristol store and picked me up a couple, so these are her colour choices, not mine! They are really nice, bright and fun for summer though and do the job of keeping my hair out of the way in style!

While I was in Leicester I went into town with my mum and picked up a couple of t-shirts from Primark; I have a few of these ‘boyfriend tees’ in black and grey already and really like how they hang, so I picked up a few more in nautical stripe and a sortof beige/tan marl to throw on over denim shorts/jeans (I really am so lazy when it comes to summer dressing). I also picked up this cream/royal blue/tan floral dress from New Look, which I wore on our anniversary and also plan on wearing for a family event later in the month; I love the colours and the fact that it’s a little bit smart yet pretty and easy to wear at the same time.

A little boring perhaps, but after these bargainous Cuticura hand gels cropped up on more than one beauty blog recently, I picked up the mini Cucumber & Garden Mint for my handbag and the larger Mango & Passion Flower for our kitchen – these both smell so nice (the cucumber & mint smells like a freshly prepared mojito!) and I’m kicking myself for always having overlooked them in the past.

I love a good Soap & Glory 3 for 2 (their body washes smell amazing and last forever, and their body scrubs are second to none) and I decided to take advantage as I was in need of a few things. I’ve purchased all of these items more than once before and wouldn’t hesitate to do so again! Clean On Me is ultra creamy and pampering (with notes of summer rose, peach and strawberry) while Rich & Foamous (with its almond, honey & oat scent) is a sweet treat best reserved for the colder months (all this stockpiling for winter, anyone would think I’m preparing for hibernation).

I’d been on the lookout for a new body scrub to try, but when none took my fancy I inevitably returned to this old favourite – after the Breakfast Scrub, Flake Away is my definite favourite amongst the S&G scrub lineup; with the perfect ratio of scrub particles held in a luxurious oil and a heavenly lime/sugar/peach scent, I will happily repurchase this again and again and again. The final item I picked up was the Happy Hippy hair & body wash from Lush (yes, another shower gel – a girl’s gotta wash), just the nicest, most refreshing, wake-me-up grapefruit scent ever; love love love this and again would repurchase 100 times over.

After all that shopping I’m a very happy girl, and now looking forward to August’s payday as my brother is coming to stay and it’s also bank holiday – I always have such a good time when he visits as we do lots of fun, touristy things I wouldn’t normally do, and I just see Bristol in a totally different light.

Did you treat yourself to anything nice this month?


Chandra

No comments:

Post a Comment